×
201
Fashion Jobs
SHISEIDO
Bareminerals Account Manager - Boots, Hull (30)
Permanent · Kingston upon Hull
NEW BALANCE
Associate Marketing Manager, European Key Accounts
Permanent · Warrington
NEW BALANCE
Associate Trade Marketing Manager, Lifestyle
Permanent · Warrington
ARCADIA GROUP
SEO Executive
Permanent · London
ARCADIA GROUP
HR Manager - Leeds Distribution Centre
Permanent · Leeds
SHISEIDO
Bareminerals Account Manager - Boots Clayton Square (30)
Permanent · Liverpool
SHISEIDO
Bareminerals Account Manager - Debenhams, Trafford (35)
Permanent · Stretford
SHISEIDO
Bareminerals Account Manager - Debenhams, Carlisle (22.5)
Permanent · Carlisle
ARCADIA GROUP
Environments And Release Manager
Permanent · LONDON
ARCADIA GROUP
Operations Engineering Manager - Technology
Permanent · London
SHISEIDO
Bareminerals Account Manager - Debenhams, Colchester (Maternity Cover)
Permanent · Colchester
TOPSHOP TOPMAN
Online Visual Merchandising Manager
Permanent · London
TOPMAN
Buyer (Maternity Cover)
Permanent · London
BURTON
Senior Buyer - Tailoring - Maternity Cover
Permanent · LONDON
TOPSHOP TOPMAN
Senior Marketing Manager
Permanent · London
TJX CORPORATE
Information Technology Graduate (2021)
Permanent · WATFORD
SHISEIDO
Bareminerals Account Manager - Hoopers, Wilmslow (Maternity Cover) (37.5)
Permanent · Manchester
SHISEIDO
Bareminerals Account Manager - Debenhams, Winchester (Maternity Cover)
Permanent · Hampshire
SHISEIDO
Bareminerals Account Manager - Debenhams, Ipswich (37.5)
Permanent · Ipswich
HOUSE OF GHARATS
Digital Marketing & Communications Internship
Internship · LONDON
HOUSE OF GHARATS
Communications & Project Management Internship
Internship · LONDON
UNIQLO
Junior Kidswear Merchandiser (8-Month Mat Cover)
Fixed-term · LONDON
Published
May 16, 2011
Reading time
2 minutes
Share
Download
Download the article
Print
Click here to print
Text size
aA+ aA-

Jean-Charles de Castelbajac put into receivership

Published
May 16, 2011

Jean-Charles de Castelbajac is going through difficult times. After its former owner Marchpole collapsed into administrative receivership in 2008, the Parisian brand now finds itself in a similar situation after also entering into receivership on May 3rd.

Jean-Charles de Castelbajac
Jean-Charles de Castelbajac at his catwalkshow in 2010 (Photo: AFP)

Coincidence or not, some newspapers were already talking last Friday about Jean-Charles de Castelbajac’s wish to regain a stake in the company that bears his name, although no mention was made of the observation period neither of the appointment of an administrative receiver. In 2009, the last year that accounts were deposited at the registry, its sales revenue was nearly 4 million euros, with an operating deficit of 2.4 million but a net income of 400,000 euros.

Today, the designer still has 2 boutiques in Paris, with the one on Saint-Pères street for its main collection and the other on Vauvilliers street for its JCDC line. The brand’s London flagship was closed some time in 2010, and before that its store in Lyon also had the same fate. This could explain why the last earnings report was positive.

The Sixth Swedish National Pension Fund owns 99% of Jean-Charles de Castelbajac, while Swedish firm Atlas owns the remaining 1%. The French company has confirmed that they are currently in talks to allow the entry of a new shareholder in the business, along with the designer. Discussions could go until mid June.

This goes to show how having the status of a designer these days is no longer a guarantee of lasting success. We just saw the same thing happen to Jean Paul Gaultier, which was recently bought out by Spanish group Puig and probably owes its rescue to the success of its perfumes.

Anaïs Lerévérend et Bruno Joly

Copyright © 2020 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.