×
2 076
Fashion Jobs
ESTÉE LAUDER
Origins - Online Trading Manager - Brand Site
Permanent · London
ESTÉE LAUDER
Multi Brand - Multi Brand Business Manager - House of Fraser, Rushden Lakes - 37.5 Hours - Full-Time - Permanent
Permanent · Rushden
ESTÉE LAUDER
Clinique - Consultant - Fenwick, Newcastle - 36 Hours - Full Time - Permanent
Permanent · Newcastle upon Tyne
ESTÉE LAUDER
Clinique - Consultant - Leeds, Trinity - Boots - 26 Hours - Part-Time, Permanent
Permanent · Leeds
ESTÉE LAUDER
Clinique - Consultant - Halifax, Harveys - 15 Hours - Part-Time, Permanent
Permanent · Halifax
ESTÉE LAUDER
Aveda - Account Manager - House of Fraser-White City, London - 30 Hours - Full Time, Permanent
Permanent · London
FOREO
E-Key Account Manager
Permanent · London
FOREO
Marketing Manager
Permanent · London
VF INTERNATIONAL
Warehouse Trainer And Instructor
Permanent · COALVILLE
OUTSIDE THE BOX RECRUITMENT
Account Manager Kidswear
Permanent · LONDON
THE KOOPLES
Regional Manager London
Permanent · LONDON
OUTSIDE THE BOX RECRUITMENT
Digital Marketing And e Commerce Manager
Permanent · LONDON
ESTÉE LAUDER
Estee Lauder - Consumer Campaign Email Marketing Executive
Permanent · London
VF INTERNATIONAL
Warehouse Area Manager
Permanent · COALVILLE
NEW BALANCE
Marketing Director, Emea
Permanent · Warrington
EASTPAK
Credit Controller - French Speaking - Eastpak
Permanent · CALVERTON
THE NORTH FACE
Credit Controller - German Speaking - The North Face
Permanent · CALVERTON
CONFIDENTIAL
Regional Manager London
Permanent · LONDON
ESTÉE LAUDER
la Mer - Business Manager - John Lewis, Cribbs Causeway - 37.5 Hours - Full Time, Permanent
Permanent · Bristol
VF INTERNATIONAL
dc Inventory Control Supervisor
Permanent · COALVILLE
ESTÉE LAUDER
Clinique - Consultant - Boots, Enniskillen - 10 Hours - Part Time, Permanent
Permanent · Enniskillen
SHISEIDO
Account Manager Bareminerals - House of Fraser, Cheltenham
Permanent · Cheltenham
Advertisements
Published
Oct 28, 2019
Share
Download
Download the article
Print
Click here to print
Text size
aA+ aA-

Shop Direct owners exploring sale options

Published
Oct 28, 2019

The billionaire Barclay brothers are reportedly reviewing their family empire in a move that could see fashion e-tailer Shop Direct change hands or welcome a new investor.


Very.co.uk


The future ownership of Shop Direct is being reviewed alongside other family businesses such as The Daily and Sunday Telegraph newspapers and The Ritz Hotel. This is as part of an effort to streamline the Barclay portfolio to allow family members to pursue different investment opportunities, reported The Times.

The review is expected to be completed within 12 to 18 months, with financial advisers being drafted in to value the businesses and search for buyers.

Shop Direct Group, which was founded by the family through the merger of Littlewoods and mail order business Gus, generated pre-tax losses of £185.5 million in the year ending June 30, a dramatic increase from losses of £24.7 million a year earlier.

But the business has benefited strongly from the shift to online shopping, posting a 1.8% increase in revenues to nearly £2 billion during the same period.

Aidan and Howard Barclay, the sons of Sir David Barclay, are understood to be keen to remain as investors in the fashion business. They are currently considering selling a 25% stake to a sovereign wealth fund or private equity buyer and retaining the remaining 75%, according to the British newspaper.

Later this year, Shop Direct will complete its rebrand to The Very Group to better align its corporate image with its flagship retail brand.

Copyright © 2021 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.