Online retailer Femme Luxe partners with recycling app

In an effort to promote clothing re-use and recycling, online fashion site Femme Luxe has launched a partnership with recycling app Regain.


Femme Luxe

This is one of several sustainability-focused initiatives being introduced by the womenswear retailer this year.

Customers using the app can donate unwanted fashion at local drop points in return for exclusive discounts from a variety of brands, including Superdry, PrettyLittleThing, Missguided and Forever 21.

Based on the principle of circular fashion, the app aims to prevent old clothes from ending up in landfill. According to media reports, 95% of donations are reused and recycled, while the remaining 5% is used as combustibles.

Femme Luxe founder Bobby Samari says: “A huge amount of clothing goes to landfill every year and we want to try to lower these numbers by teaming up with Regain, the app that makes recycling easy.

“We’re aware that we as a nation have a long way to go when it comes to sustainability and environmental issues, however we hope that this is the first small step towards becoming more aware of where our waste goes.

“As a brand, we will be introducing a number of initiatives over the next year towards becoming more sustainable, including looking in to biodegradable packaging solutions (we currently use recycled bags but would like to improve on this) and researching and developing a potential fully recycled range. We are constantly assessing how we can do our part.”

Other Regain partners include Asics, Moss Bros, Boohoo, In the Style, and Little Mistress.

Copyright © 2019 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.

Fashion - Ready-to-wearLuxury - MiscellaneousIndustry
NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION